Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Job Interview...

So...On Thursday, I kicked some fanny and submitted all the grades necessary to be done with both colleges.  We then picked up a rental car (at about 6:30 a.m.), parked our car at one of the colleges, and headed up to central Virginia.  We got there with time to spare (yay!) and then we were able to check into the hotel (double yay!) and Fonda was (finally) able to get some sleep.  I went to the appointment (I was about 25 minutes before the "15 minutes early" request).  The campus is small and sweet.  Kinda like Brunswick CC.  The person I was to meet with was at lunch (nothing like being early, huh?). 

I think it went OK - but I always think it goes OK.  I expect to hear within the week (if I get the second interview) and if that happens, they will do the second one via Skype (or some similar technology, for both candidates).   We shall see.

We found two fabric stores and found out about two more...we also found some thrift stores and antique-like stores...


We stopped at the Virginia Welcome Center (Virgina is for lovers) and they had peanuts spelling out LOVE, so of course, we had to get a photo :)


The dogwoods were blooming...(our finished about 2 weeks ago, down here)...These were cool because they were pointy...


We went to some thrift stores...this ^^ one was a religious-type with creepy-eyed rabbits...Notice the one in the middle-back who is plotting to rip out your throat while you are gaping at the other creepy rabbits in front.



All he needs is to be painted white and have big pointy fangs and it would complete the image





This..."chest of drawers" = "Chester drawers" - a thrift store in Chester, VA... Where I found...




these socks...Soulmate socks "because life is too short to match socks"

Then we went to Petersburg Pickers - an antique/resale place...


If the goats are out ^^^ they are open...


We saw this piggy bank with eight eyes...Like it would be perfectly at home with The Simpsons.  I was amused, but Fonda really didn't seem to be so.





A little further around the edges, we found this elephant dress.  I am almost positive it was 100% polyester, but I didn't read the tag.  On the price tag, it was called a Brady Bunch Dress...




Then as I was putting the elephant dress away...I found THIS ^^^ dress...There is nothing I can say about this, except that the person who made it had some MAD crochet skills...Wow.  Just: Wow.



Then, as we were leaving, Fonda recognized that the reason they had a ladder bolted to the garage door was because they were spelling out the word LOVE...so, we began and ended the trip with LOVE.  Now...if the interviewers just follow through...

We made it home safely and only ran into TS Ana once were were back in NC...not much except wind and bands of rain (sometimes really heavy).  It rained all day on Sunday and most of Monday, We probably got more than 6 inches total (judged by the full concrete-mixing tubs of the neighbor).

Now: I just have to mow the grass - it is beginning to get a bit out of hand...

Peace.

1 comment:

rush said...

We had more fun that two people are allowed in less than 48 hours. Even the driving part wasn't that bad for some reason. We stopped often. Maybe that's the key! We did a crossword puzzle, too.

We didn't have a good time at Olive Garden — I was freezing, and it took too much time for the food to come. We walked out and talked to the manager. She packed it up, (which took too long) and we took it with us. We weren't impressed with the food, either. I doubt we will be going to any Olive garden at this point.

The hotel was nice, and they had a nice breakfast: eggs, sausage, waffles, juice and milk.

I won't mind living in or near Chester. Keeping our fingers crossed! I was lucky I got to go with you! Where will go on a day trip/tiny vacation next? Oh, the Crystal Coast Quilt Show in Morehead City is this coming Friday! (day trip!)

the fish girl

My photo
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States

Blog Archive