Monday, June 16, 2014

Yesterday and today

So, yesterday Fonda and I went out to some yard sales and other cool places...
at the first stop, we saw this car, and I thought "cool!, I gotta get a photo" and guess what? I had my camera : )
After that, we went across the river to some other places  - we went to the Castle Hayne-area and on the way, we saw this sign:  and so, we stopped, it was really a yard sale in the grassy area of a bar...there is the Honda in the middle (the only car with working A/C at this time...and it was in the 90s...A/C is a big bonus)
Last night when I was heading to bed, Franklynn decided that he could fit into the box...it actually had the top of the catnip baggie in it...he really doesn't fit, but he thought he did : )
Then today...I *finally* got to work on/finish this quilt.  Mom made the first row of kitties (at least the backs and bodies) and I made the rest - this has been a LONG time in the making.  I just finished the borders (paper-pieced, like the backs and tails of each cat) and I think I need to add another border, because the saw-tooth border is so stretchy, I think it will be pulled weird when it is quilted...I have mixed feelings about the two different colors in the body of the quilt, but it is what I had to do...I ran out of the white-on-white I wanted to use for the main body...then I thought I would have enough for the borders...sigh...I didn't, but it worked out OK. And, if you look really closely, you will see that one of the cats is a Manx...I have *no idea* where the tail is... I will just echo the secondary color with a narrow border all around the outside...Now, I have to figure out how to quilt it...This might be a hand-quilted one - there are instruction for some of the quilting...I might follow instructions, who knows : )...More later, Peace.


1 comment:

rush said...

We never saw a "hippie dress".

the fish girl

My photo
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States

Blog Archive